VR has allowed the potential for a similar experience, and this has been a revolutionary change for gaming. Minecraft would make a wonderful world to live in. There is danger, but the game is whimsical and fun which is a worthwhile tradeoff. Devices like Oculus Quest 2 have made it possible to play all kinds of games in virtual reality, including Minecraft. Here’s how to do it.
How to Play Minecraft in Oculus Quest 2?
In order to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2, players must meet certain prerequisites. Here’s how to play Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2:
- Firstly, players need to have Java installed on their PC and then players need to buy and download Minecraft Java Edition on their PC
- After that, players should run the game to check if it is working fine.
- Then players need to download and install Steam VR on their PC. After that, the players can download Vivecraft to run Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2
- Players will then need to open the Minecraft Java version and select the Vivecraft Profile to play the game on Oculus Quest 2.
- To connect the Oculus Quest 2 to a PC, players will need a cable and the Virtual Desktop Streamer application installed.
- And finally through this method players can easily enjoy Minecraft on Oculus Quest 2.
Oculus Quest 2 Specs
The Oculus Quest 2 is the most advanced VR headset ever. In order to create such an advanced headset, the developers have added a number of in-depth features. These features will enable Oculus Quest 2 to handle next-generation graphics. Here are the specs for Oculus Quest 2:
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon XR2
- RAM: 6GB
- Resolution: 1832 x 1920
- Refresh rate: 90 Hz
- Storage: 64GB / 256GB
- Integrated speakers and microphone
- 2-3 hours of battery life
- Adjustable IPD with three settings for 58, 63, and 68mm
- Redesigned controllers
To use Oculus Link, players need the Oculus PC app. Once they’ve downloaded the PC app, make sure the Oculus PC software version is up to date and that their Quest is running the latest operating system.
Gamers can then safely play the game in VR. They can easily set up a shortcut to do this in the future with just a few clicks:
- Right click the desktop and select to create a new shortcut.
- Enter the following: “minecraft://Mode/?OpenXR=true”.
- Name the shortcut for ease of access.
How to open the game on Quest 2:
- Open Oculus Link from the headset.
- Launch the newly created shortcut.
- Give it a few minutes to load before putting the headset back on.
- Enjoy the game in VR mode!